Cuban twists are a popular protective hairstyle that can be done at home with a little practice. Here are the steps on how to do Cuban twists at home:
1. Gather your supplies. You will need the following supplies:
- Hair extensions: You will need hair extensions that are the same color and texture as your natural hair. The length of the hair extensions will depend on the length of your natural hair.
- Twisting hair tools: You will need a rattail comb, a spray bottle, and a styling product, such as a leave-in conditioner or gel.
- Mirror: You will need a mirror to help you see what you are doing.
2. Wash and condition your hair. Wash your hair with a shampoo and conditioner that is designed for your hair type. Be sure to condition your hair thoroughly to help prevent it from becoming dry and brittle.
3. Detangle your hair. Use a wide-tooth comb to detangle your hair thoroughly. Be sure to start at the ends of your hair and work your way up to the roots.
4. Apply a leave-in conditioner. Apply a leave-in conditioner to your hair to help hydrate it. Be sure to apply the leave-in conditioner evenly throughout your hair.
5. Section your hair. Section your hair into small sections, about 1 inch wide.
6. Add hair extensions. Add hair extensions to each section of your hair. Be sure to overlap the hair extensions slightly to create a smooth twist.
7. Twist your hair. Use a rattail comb to twist each section of hair. Be sure to twist the hair tightly to create a secure twist.
8. Secure your twists. Secure each twist with a small elastic band or bobby pin.
9. Let your twists dry. Let your twists dry completely before styling them.
Here are some tips for doing Cuban twists at home:
- Start with small sections of hair. This will make it easier to twist the hair and prevent it from becoming tangled.
- Use a rattail comb to twist the hair. A rattail comb will help you to create smooth, even twists.
- Twist the hair tightly. Twisting the hair tightly will help to create secure twists that will last longer.
- Secure your twists with small elastic bands or bobby pins. Small elastic bands or bobby pins will help to keep your twists in place.
With a little practice, you will be able to do Cuban twists at home like a pro.